Cloud DevOps Engineer
Remote | Full-time
ScaleCapacity is seeking an extraordinary DevOps Engineer to focus on building a secure, continuous
delivery platform. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by our
customers when deploying complex, mission critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role
that requires a wide and deep experience in managing applications across data centres and cloud services.
The successful candidate will design and implement new approaches and tools for continuous delivery within
Cloud Technologies. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering,
operations, security concepts, and technologies. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will
be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and
learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets
of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams
and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
- Experience working with open-source projects
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Java/Python/Go/Ruby/Perl for automation or
integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code
Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers,
Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElastiSearch,
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer